Klymit and Granite Gear have teamed up to launch the Vapor Current AirBeam Pack Frame which is a compatible upgrade for all Vapor Current packs including Leopard VC 46, Aji VC 50, and Crown VC 60. Save 3 ounces over the stock VC frame and improve the performance by increasing vertical load transfer up to 40 pounds.
1. Lighter- at 3 oz the Vapor Current AirBeam Pack Frame is a fraction of the weight of most pack support systems
2. Stiffer- by utilizing our proven lightweight fabrics we can achieve incredibly strong structures supported by pressurized air
3. Optimal Load Transfer- at only ¾ in. thick the Klymit Air Beam keeps the load very close to your back for direct transfer to the hips
4. Allows you to MOVE- climb, contort, and even tie your shoes easily
5. More comfortable- conforms to shape of back, dampens vibrations, decreases fatigue
6. Increased adjustability- For each individual pursuit you can change the pressure and dial in your stiffness/ flexibility and optimize your pack for the situation and load
Who Cares? Why?
Problem: Backpack frames are rigid and designed to transfer load directly to the hips, yet because they are rigid they only transfer directly when the body is in one, or a limited number of positions. Load transfer to the hips fails under movement and contortion of the human body. Nearly all major pack manufacturers have attempted to solve this problem with swivels and pivots, and thus compromising load stability during movement. Pack frames are heavy, inefficient under many conditions, and due to the advances in lightweight camping gear, much of the weight of a backpack load is the pack itself.
Solution: Using superlight fabrics and pressurized air Klymit has developed a backpack frame that transfers load to the hips even under movement and contortion of the body in a wider variety of conditions. It allows the user to decrease their pack weight yet increase both comfort and pack rigidity at the same time. The weight of the AirBeam Pack Frame are 1.9 to 3.2 oz, based on the size.
Unique aspects of the Klymit Frame 1. This is the first framesheet that has a positive correlation with load. Up to 40 pounds the framesheet gets stiffer as the backpack load increases. 2. The concept rests that under medium to high pressures (4-10 psi) the framesheet resists horizontal collapse, allowing for chambers of air to maintain vertical orientation and allow gravity to force pressure downward directly to the hips for optimum load transfer. 3. This is the first framesheet that is vertically rigid to maximize load transfer, but compliant during motion and conforms with the human body during strenuous activity, and allows malleability for simple tasks such as bending over and tying your shoes. 4. This framesheet was designed to increase comfort while decreasing weight, and to sacrifice nothing in rigidity and load carrying capability.
Weight: 3 oz
Size Short: 11.5" x 20" x 0.75"
Size Regular: 11.5" x 22" x 0.75"
Size Long: 11.5" x 24" x 0.75"
Write Your Own Review