The Klymit Insulated Static V is a lightweight camping pad using body mapping technology with all season warmth and comfort. It features the v-chamber design which limits air movement and heat loss while offering a uniquely ergonomic body map which is optimzed for performance and comfort. While inflating in approximately 10-15 breaths it will save you time and energy wherever you are.
Like all of the other Klymit camping pads it features an easy-to-use push valve allows for quick inflation and deflation.
Weight/Mass: 25 oz / 709 g
Insulation: Synthetic Fibers
Dimensions: 72" x 23" x 2.5" / 183 cm x 58.4 cm x 6.5 cm
Type: Inflatable Insulated Sleeping Pad
Inflation: 10-12 Breaths
Packed Size: 5" x 8" / 12.7 cm x 20.3 cm
Includes: Stuff Sack, Patch Kit
Fabric: 75D Polyester
Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Klymit Insulated Static V Review by Campology
- Testing this pad produced the best sleeps ever in the backwoods. It’s hard to beat that, particularly considering this puppy is both warm and packs up to the size of a water-bottle. High or low, hot or cold, wet or dry… this pad performed. The body mapping design and the full 2.5” thick pad is ultimately comfortable. In fact I can truly say I had the most comfortable backwoods sleep on this pad. Read the Full review: http://campology.ca/index.php/campologist-talk/reviews/archives/525-klymit-insulated-static-v (Posted on 10/14/14)
- all this in a small pack Review by Sixhusbands
- I must admit that I was skeptical about using an inflatable pad in the Whites but this pad was amazing on nights down in the thirties. I slept very warm in my 20 degree bag on top of the Klymit on the bare ground. No cold sots and plenty of comfort. The biggest hooray is the small package it folds up to and how easy it is to deflate. well done! (Posted on 8/5/14)
- Klymit Insulated Static V Review by Mark
To say that Klymit takes the design of sleeping pads outside the box is a bit like saying Italy and Germany produce some nice sports cars. I personally think those Europeans produce phenomenal sports cars. A friend of mine suggested the Static V for use in the hammock and told me how well it stayed in place.
For me, the Insulated Static V lies flat and comfortable. I don’t have any problems bottoming out this pad even though I weigh around 215 pounds. I’m 6’ 2” tall and measure about 21 to 22 inches across the shoulders
The v shaped chambers of the pad allow it to form to the shape of the hammock extremely well and it really stays in place. As you would expect, I tend to slightly under inflate the pad when using it in the hammock.
I think the warmth, packed size and lightness of this pad are impressive given the cost.
Read the Full review here http://www.industryoutsider.com/klymit-insulated-static-v/ (Posted on 7/15/14)
- Most effective $/r-value Review by Michael
I am a lightweight/ultra-light weight backpacker who is continuously looking for gear that will reduce my pack weight – the reason Klymit products caught my eye. I also make my own gear. I have designed and make 8 oz and 16 oz backpacks, insulated jackets, and insulated pants. With limited funds for gear (mortgage and two kids in college), each piece of gear that I purchase and my average Joe backpacking friends purchase is scrutinized for quality, durability, and the best value for the dollar. Word of mouth, not advertisements or endorsement drive our purchases.
I purchased a Klymit Insulated Static V sleeping pad after enduring a night of being cold using a non-insulated sleeping pad. After weeks of researching the different sleeping pads on the market, I decided on the Klymit Insulated Static V based on the specifications and it was the most cost effective dollar to r-value cold weather sleeping pad on the market.
This was my first backpacking season using the Klymit Insulated Static V sleeping pad. I have used it extensively in cold weather (15 -30 nights) degree nights. I have stayed warm; the pad is extremely comfortable, and easy to inflate. (Posted on 4/11/14)
- Excellent Choice Review by ZombieMosquito
- This pad is fantastic! At almost 230 lbs, I do not bottom out no matter if I lay on my back, side, or stomach. Even more, it is super compact. It rolls up almost as small as my backpacking hammock! (Posted on 12/31/13)
Write Your Own Review