The Klymit Air Frame was designed for movement. The Air Frame is the solution to allow you to move more comfortably on the trail by replacing the removable pack frame in your current pack and replacing it with ours.
1. Lighter- at 3.2 oz the Klymit Air Frame is a fraction of the weight of most pack support systems.
2. Stiffer- by utilizing our proven lightweight fabrics we can achieve incredibly strong structures supported by pressurized air.
3. Optimal Load Transfer- at only 1 in. thick, the Klymit Air Frame keeps the load very close to your back for direct transfer to the hips.
4. Allows you to MOVE- climb, contort, and even tie your shoes easily.
5. More comfortable- conforms to the shape of your back, dampens vibrations, decreases fatigue.
6. Increased adjustability- For each individual pursuit, you can change the pressure and dial in your stiffness/ flexibility and optimize your pack for the situation and load.
Who Cares? Why?
Problem: Backpack frames are rigid and designed to transfer load directly to the hips, but because they are rigid they only transfer directly when the body is in one, or a limited number of positions. Load transfer to the hips fails under movement and contortion of the human body. Nearly all major pack manufacturers have attempted to solve this problem with swivels and pivots, and thus compromising load stability during movement. Pack frames are heavy, inefficient under many conditions, and due to the advances in lightweight camping gear, much of the weight of a backpack load is the pack itself.
Solution: Using superlight fabrics and pressurized air Klymit has developed a backpack frame that transfers the load to the hips even under movement and contortion of the body in a wider variety of conditions. It allows the user to decrease their pack weight yet increase comfort and pack rigidity at the same time. The weight of the Air Frame is 3.2 oz.
Unique aspects of the Klymit Air Frame
1. This is the first framesheet that has a positive correlation with load. At up to 40 pounds the framesheet gets stiffer as the backpack load increases.
2. Under medium to high pressures (2-4 psi) the framesheet resists horizontal collapse, allowing for chambers of air to maintain vertical orientation and allow gravity to force pressure downward directly to the hips for optimum load transfer.
3. This is the first framesheet that is vertically rigid to maximize load transfer, but compliant during motion and conforms with the human body during strenuous activity, allowing malleability for big adventures or simple tasks like tying your shoes.
4. This framesheet was designed to increase comfort while decreasing weight, and to sacrifice nothing in rigidity or load carrying capability.
AIR FRAME TECHNOLOGY
4.5 oz / 128 g - Lighter, stiffer, and great load transfer for your...
1.53 lbs / 695 g - Now Available! The Klymit Motion 35 is an overbu...
2.72 lbs/ 1233 g - Available Now! Motion 60 is an overbuilt pack wi...
12.38 oz / 351 g - The Ideal bag for day hiking, biking, and around...