KSB 20˚ Down Red Sleeping bag
Lofty, warm and light, the KSB 20˚ down sleeping bag is designed for three-season backpacking. The 650 fill power down delivers exceptional warmth for its weight, is easily packed and provides years of use. A draft collar, over-stuffed foot box, insulated mummy hood and flexible baffles at the body’s core all work together to minimize heat loss for greater thermal efficiency. High tenacity fabrics are tough, light and comfortable. The expanded chest area and flexible baffles provide room to move, and a stash pocket keeps small items right at hand. Pair it with one of our Inertia or Static pads for a lightweight, packable backcountry sleep system.
|Weight||2.75 lbs / 1.25 kg|
|Temperature Rating||20˚F / -7˚C|
|Dimensions||84.5" x 31.5" x 21.7" / 214.6 cm x 80 cm x 55.1 cm|
|Pack Size||13" x 8.5" / 33 cm x 21.6 cm|
|Insulation Type||White Duck Down|
- Draft Collar: To maintain thermal comfort throughout the night, an insulated tube wraps around your shoulders to prevent heat from escaping as you sleep.
- Stash Pocket: A small pocket is integrated into the draft collar – perfect for stashing a headlamp, wallet, phone or midnight snacks.
- Soft Fabric: The soft, hydrophobic, 20D nylon lining is silk-sheet comfortable and won’t absorb moisture.
- Temp Rating: Tested and rated at 20˚ F for three season comfort.
- Fill: Warm, lofty 650 fill-power white duck down is lofty, warm and breathable.
- Half-Moon Foot Box: The three-dimensional foot box utilizes a half-moon shape to help retain warmth, provide added room for greater comfort, and to allow the use of one of our sleeping pads inside the bag.
- Flex Baffles: Flexible baffles provide freedom of movement and keep the insulation close to your body for more efficient thermal performance and exceptional comfort.
- Expanded Chest Area: Thoughtful patterning expands the girth at the chest for added comfort and the freedom to move throughout the night without impacting thermal performance.
- Mummy Hood: Insulated and comfortable, the mummy wraps the head to maintain essential warmth.
- Water Resistant: Outer fabric has a durable water repellant (DWR) treatment to protect the insulation from moisture that can impede thermal performance and add weight.
- Durable Fabric: Light and tough 20D rip-stop nylon has a high strength-to-weight ratio to help resist tears without adding unnecessary ounces.
- ¾” Full-Length Zipper with Guard: Burly, but not bulky, the 3/4“ full length zipper has two-way sliders so it can be unzipped from top or bottom for ventilation. A full length zipper guard helps seal out drafts.
- Pack Size: Two stuff sacks included for compact transport and larger storage.
- Lightweight Materials: The 20D rip-stop nylon is light and compressible.
- 650 fill power white duck down fill provides exceptional warmth for its weight.
Questions and Answers
3 in 1: What's the packed volume? what would be the recommended compression sack size for this bag? Is the down treated?
Question by: Elvis Sanjuan on Jun 19, 2017, 5:09:18 AM
Down: For down bags, hand-washing in a bathtub works best. Fill the tub with warm water and add a gentle non-detergent soap or one recommended for washing down bags. Put the bag in and gently work in the soap, then allow it to soak for 15 minutes. Drain the tub and press out any remaining water. In a cold-water rinse, work the soap out gently, let the bag sit for 15 minutes and drain. Press out any remaining water. Repeat the rinse until all the soap is out. It's also possible, to machine wash a down bag, as long as a front-loading washer is used. Never use an agitator-style machine as the motion can damage the stitching and insulation. Make sure to wash on the gentle cycle in cool water with one of the aforementioned down soaps.
Synthetics: Synthetic bags can be washed in the same way. Hand-wash in a bathtub, or use a large, front-loading washer with no agitator. Use cool water and mild soap. Rinse several times to make sure all the soap is removed. An extra spin cycle or an extractor may be used to remove excess water.
This treatment should preserve the DWR coating.
Answer by: Kristen curry (Admin) on Jun 20, 2017, 3:27:18 PM
The item description states: "Half-Moon Foot Box: ... to allow the use of one of our sleeping pads inside the bag."
Which sleeping pad(s) will fit in this bag?
Which sleeping pad(s) will fit in this bag?
Question by: Tom on Oct 3, 2016, 10:29:34 AM
Write Your Own Review